Musings About My Nysc Camp Β Experience (Episode 2)

I know this blog post is the highest requested post (wears dark shades) πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚. Even my mom read episode 1 and said she couldn’t wait for episode 2. Lol hey mom 😘.

I should have done this post last week but life got in the way! I have so much to do,  I don’t even know how I’m writing this now, but I think part of contemplating my life is blogging and forgetting about everything else for now.

Only difference is I’m not in school and I’m using my phone now😭

Sorry I kept y’all on suspense. So y’all want to know what happened when I joined the back gang ehn? Let me start from the first time I stayed at the back and I noticed the punishment had little or no effect on platoon 9b members!

When the official Screams “Platoon 9 everybody go down” most times for no particular reason, or because we’re making a noise as usual, everybody in front squats, and people at the back just sit on the grass πŸ˜‚. When I witnessed this, Lol I was like ehen, what have I been doing since ?

So this is how you people used to do

My legs were on fire so I joined them and sat down. Lol I cannot come and die.  I was still a bit conscious because soldiers on patrol always walk in between platoons to ensure everyone complied and was quiet. But no one came! From that day,  I proposed in my heart,  I was going to stay at the back till camp ended. I thought to myself, what the point of staying in front and still get punished with everyone else, and most likely suffer more?

Not only that, there was life at the back! I realized I was a lot happier at the back, I kept on wondering how I survived in front. There were people who made us laugh, I remember biggie, he was funny most of the time but a bit annoying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I think I joined the noise makers at some point when  I started meeting people 😭 and we weren’t allowed to use our phones (although I did sometimes) but what was a girl supposed to do. I was bored

Notice how others are standing, we were under punishment here πŸ˜‚

I met Folusho, Queenette, Jack, Josh, Lolu, Godfrey and wale. They became my official camp squad’ish kinda, and I met a bunch of other people too. Second week of camp became less overbearing although the lectures increased, it was  a lot  easier to cope because I had learned the skill of sleeping during the morning sessions πŸ˜‚, not everytime, but most times 😭.  Can’t blame me, I’m always very sleepy every morning because I was tired. After  two weeks in camp,  I went from ” I can’t wait to go home to mahn,  I’m going to miss camp and everyone lol. This sudden bitter sweet feeling rushed over me (that’s a story for another day!

Backwards to a few days after I moved to the back, I met a boy. Haha, just when I was thinking “maybe my husband is not in camp,” at least I reasoned that in my head. I had heard stories about how people meet their life partners in camp, you know all those stories about camp love πŸ˜€. I think someone even told me to be open minded πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I look back today and laugh at myself!  Fifi smh. There was a bit of chemistry I think, he was kinda cute, at least to me πŸ˜’. Mummy are you still reading?  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I think I should stop here, more to come on episode 3. Haha!  I’d like to hear your feedback. Thanks for all your comments in the last one.

Fifi ❀

18 Comments Add yours

1. Your boo boo says:

Lwkmd, I witnessed the most part including the on camp site laarrveπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

1. Lool wehdone ma πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

2. Omoye says:

My sister met her husband in camp..πŸ™‚

1. Lol you see what I was talking about πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3. Opy says:

Lol! Wow wow! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Waiting for Episode 3. πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜˜

1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

4. I’ve never stayed in the front for anything, lectures, groups etc. I just hate being the first person to bear the brunt of people’s wahala πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And someone may have found a camp boo I see πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ haha great post!

Pearl || https://thepearlylife.wordpress.com

1. Lol haha thanks pearl πŸ’›

5. Sarah M! says:

Yeah, those morning sessions were my sleeping pills……missed the friends I made in camp when it was coming to an end, anyway that’s life for you.
    Great Post Girl!!!

1. I’m telling you, life happens 😊😊. Thanks Sarah for reading

6. Kenzolini says:

Ghen ghen… Suspense of life… Can’t wait 4 Part3: “Fisayo joins the boo gang” good one πŸ™ŒπŸ’ͺ

7. OrΓ©oluwa says:

NYSC was a pure cruise for me! Was a hate and love experience and I won’t be forgetting it in a long time.
    Thank you for bringing back the memories!

OrΓ©oluwa’s blog

1. Haha hate love relationship exactly! πŸ˜‚

8. Joan Akob says:

When I reached “I met a boy” I just heard this Nigerian movie sound go “Dum dum dummmmmmmmmm” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Suspense Building πŸ˜‚

1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      You’re hilarious! Episode 3 this week 😁😁

1. Joan Akob says:

Whop whop πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

9. zeebala says:

Just joining the FAM I had to go back to episode 1 so that I can flow with the story. Can’t wait for episode 3 and pls don’t keep us in suspense for Long😘

1. Haha. It will be up very soon. Thanks ❀