Places In Portharcourt – FRO NATION

Hey lovely people, How are y’all doing?

I’m super thankful for the love I received on my last post, and thanks for the birthday wishes too, you all are amazing.

Guess who had her very first trip to a natural hair saloon, after being natural for two years. Yes, your favourite blogger fifi. This happened on the 3rd of March, on my birthday. I needed a trim badly, and I also wanted to visit a Natural hair saloon, just to get the feel. Plus I couldn’t imagine scissors on my hair, I don’t trust myself not to clip all my hair away.

Largest Wide Tooth comb

Bonus Tip

If you have split ends, they are unhealthy. Chop them away because they will cause more damage to your hair. Leaving damaged ends can cause stunted growth because you will not retain length

Smiling Jesus loves you. This is not my real face πŸ˜‚

So lets get down to our very first saloon review ;

Location

I love the fact that its easy to locate, just along 45 Evo Road, GRA Phase 2, Port Harcourt.

Ambience and Surroundings

Art

I also loved the fact that the surrounding is very Afrocentric, and neat. The colors, art, everything just screamed Africa! Loved it. Although the decorations were simple, they were thoughtful and aesthetically pleasing.

Customer service

Look at all that hair 😍

On my way in, I met the boss, she was really sweet. I didn’t even know she owned the saloon at first. That alone was a big thumbs up for good customer service which is very hard to find in the city of Portharcourt.

The atmosphere was so calm that customers discussed natural hair amongst themselves, I didn’t join in, lol I just listened except I was directly asked a question. A customer even asked why we even bothered relaxing our hair because our natural hair is beautiful. I have never been in the same room with that many natural women. Its amazing how our natural hair can bring us together.

The 10 commandments of curly hair

They were quick to attend to me, I detangled, washed, trimmed and blow dried my hair. I spent three hours at the saloon, but I would like to believe that happened because my hair is really full, so I guess detangling and trimming took a larger chunk of the time I spent.

Prices

Washing my hair cost #1000, trimming #500 and blow drying #1000. That is #2500 in total. Not bad except that you have to pay an extra 500 for leave in conditioner, which I kinda felt should be incorporated into the washing price. I took along my own Cantu leave in conditioner along so I did not have to pay extra, don’t ask me how I know, I just put it in my bag along with my heat protect-ant.

Final Impressions

Fro nation is a saloon I’ll definitely visit again, most likely to style my hair into those fancy twists ruling the natural hair world at the moment. So i’m rating my experience a 85%. I hope you enjoyed this post guys, thank you for reading.

Do you enjoy visiting the saloon or you’d rather DIY 😊 ?

24 Comments Add yours

1. gB says:

I see all that hair on the floor,and I want to cry. See hair wasting away,and some of us are going bald like we are being punished for a crime. ChaiπŸ€•πŸ˜©.

Well done girl. Well done.

Liked by 1 person

1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ OMG. It was painful to see my hair on the floor like that 😭. Thank you ❀

2. Adaobi Melvis says:

To me, both are cool.. I do salon once in a month and it has been awesome… Fifi I love your hair. I will be like you when I grow up..keep it up dear.

1. Twelve day’s in a year is not bad at all. Thank you love ❀

3. dodeyesc says:

I will cut My hair and go natural. Your hair looks too good.

1. Lol I’m coming with my scissors to your house πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Thank you baby 😘

4. toksdavid says:

Your hair sha! I’m just too lazy to take care of mine. It feels so good to finally find a natural hair salon in port Harcourt, I have searched and searched. I’ll definitely visit whenever I’m in town. Great post babe β€πŸ‘

1. Yes you should, they are amazing 😍😍. Thanks love 😘

5. Chidinma says:

I’ve been postponing my visit to FroNation for the longest of time. Would really love my hair to be well taken care of. Nice review btw

mystylemirror.wordpress.com

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks girl! Yes your hair needs all the love it can get. Thanks darling!

6. zaynab says:

I wish there is a salon like that around me because normal salons just keep pulling my hair and keep complaining how full my hair is. Your hair looks goodπŸ’•

Liked by 1 person

1. Yesss. I really hate going to normal saloons, one time the owner of one of those saloons told me to relax my hair πŸ˜‚, just imagine. Made up my mind not to bother myself again. Thanks for reading babe ❀

1. zaynab says:

that’s the worstπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Relax??

2. lol yesso. I was so irritated, I never went back there.

7. Debs says:

Your hair is super long sha, ahn ahn and their prices are affordable o. The one here in Abuja is crazy, to wash your hair is N2500.

1. ahan, what are they washing plix? that’s the price of one conditioner. I’ll kuku wash my hair at home. Personally I feel some natural hair saloons over inflate their prices.

1. Debs says:

I’m telling you. That’s what I do most times o. Imagine if I have to weave and wash my hair, I pay like N3500

2. That’s too much. You’d probably have to wash at home and make it at the saloon if you have to.

2. ibinaboa says:

Thank you for your comment😁 We are super affordable for the value we offer and the hair pampering you experience!

Liked by 2 people

1. Yesssss 😊😊😊

8. Tamie says:

Yay! A Ph based blogger!
    You’re hair is soooo lovely.

I had a free hair pass from fro nation I got at Ochonma and never even used. Maybe cos its a bit far from me, I’ve never used them.
    But I’ve been to a number of natural hair saloons. My fav remains beleza for now. They are also in GRA off sani abacha road.

Glad to find your blog

Liked by 1 person

1. Never heard of beleza, but I’ll check them out. Glad to have you here always ❀❀❀. Plus that your free hair pass.. I it still available? I πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ

1. Uduak says:

They won’t accept it again o…I had one and when I went back there in July, one of the staff said it wasn’t valid anymore. But they do have really great hair care service. I make sure my hair is ready for some pampering anytime i’m planning a trip to PH cos i’ll always stop by there and when they are done. People always wow at how well their twists are done. Unfortunately I can’t find a salon like that in uyo